If you’re seeking to optimise your dental practice, one of the best ways to start is through improving your website. By consistently adding well-written and informative content to your website, you will be keeping potential readers interested — while also bringing in new website viewers. With an increase in website traffic your dental practice will also most likely see an influx of patients walking in the door. Revamping the content on your practice’s website is a relatively simple, yet totally effective way to improve the image of your practice and help bring in more patients. Let’s take a look at the different ways you can achieve this as well as improve your website.
Create Quality Content
Having an array of exceptionally written content on your practice’s website is essential for keeping visitors coming back. One of the first things you could do when it comes to content is to consider which types of services you would like to promote first. These services will end up being the key phrases or words in an online search to find your website. These specific services should be highlighted in concise and informative blog posts and articles — and should be easy to find and read by any site visitor. When creating quality content for your website, here’s some things to consider to give your website that professional edge:
- When writing website content keep it between 300-500 words, unless you need to go into great detail about a service. Visitors like to read through content quickly, and writing long bulky long website content can cause visitors to skim through it and not even read the content like you may want them too.
- When writing blogs work on around 1000 words and up. 1000 words is generally enough room to help write an informative blog. Many dental practices will try to fit everything into 500 words or less. Unfortunately, this smaller words count can jeopardise the quality of the content and the information that you will convey. This is why when writing blogs, try to write them 1000 words and up.
- To help make your content more appealing use easy to read paragraphs, subheadings and bullet points. These will help to break up large blocks of text which can create reading fatigue. It also helps to create sufficient white balance which helps to improve the appearance of the content on your page. This helps readers to read through key points faster for a better engagement rate.
- If stating facts or statistics always back up the reference with a link to the study or information. People like to know they’re reading about real information and not an opinion.
- Write content that’s informative and that is designed to solve your client’s problem. The content should go in depth about the topic and give clear takeaways that help to solve the intended readers problems.
- Use quality images from stock image sites such as ShutterStock.com, Pixabay.com, or iStock to name a few. These are generally free to use for businesses without getting into trouble.
- When writing content, make sure it’s completely unique and original. It should pass plagiarism tools such as Copyscape.com. Duplicate content hurts your website ranking and should be avoided.
- Make sure there’s no spelling or grammar mistakes as this can make you appear unprofessional. Always triple check spelling and grammar before sharing with your clients.
- Use different methods to find the best topics to write about. This can include Google Search Bar or Google Keyword Planner. Both options can provide you with ideas and insight into what your potential dental clients may be looking for or the problems they’re having, which you can write about.
- Use a professional font such as Times New Roman as this helps to deliver a more professional appearance to your content.
Writing quality content is all about the effort you put into it. By taking these tips into consideration you can help to enhance your content greatly.
Check Your Website Design Thoroughly
Your website is the first thing people will see of your business when they’re searching online. Because of this your website needs to be of the highest quality available. If you have an old website it may be time to upgrade to a new one. If you have a new website, it’s important to do a full audit of the design to see whether it can be improved for a much better user experience. Here’s some key areas and tips that you can do to help improve your dental website.
Your website navigation is one of the main reasons why your clients will find the information they’re looking for fast or not at all. Here’s some things to consider when checking your website navigation:
- Is the menu layout easy to find or easy to use?
- Is it positioned in the best possible area for visitors to be fully engaged and search through your website?
- How deep do the main navigation points go when clicking through to find something?
- Are the navigation points properly named?
When dealing with navigation of your website your visitors should be able to find what they’re looking for fast. To answer the questions above:
- Your navigation layout should be either to the left of the page or in the center a few centimeters from the top of the screen.
- You should limit to around 7 or less main navigation points at the most, as any more than this can cause your website to be cluttered and confusing.
- When clicking through your navigation points, you should only click 3-4 times until you find what you’re looking for, any more than this and you’ll lose visitor interest.
- When naming your main navigation points they should be simple, easy to read, and the visitor should know what they mean from just a quick glance.
Optimizing your navigation is important for the best user experience. Without an easy to follow navigation, you may find you’ll lose potential clients.
Responsive design is the process of your website adjusting itself to the screen size of multiple devices. If your website isn’t already set up as a responsive design, you need to get this sorted immediately. With a high percentage of mobile phone users these days versus computer users, it’s important that your website is optimised and adjusts to phone users. When creating a responsive design don’t forget to keep these things in mind:
- Phone users use their thumbs and one finger to search the internet. When creating a new responsive layout, make sure you keep it simple, easy to navigate and have large clickable buttons to help promote engagement and conversions through your website.
- Make sure you have a clickable phone number so when clicked on your practice will automatically be called. This will help to boost overall conversions and help you to see whether people are calling from your website.
- Keep your fonts clean and easy to read. Don’t use awkward or handwritten fonts as this will cause confusion when reading. Instead use fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, or something similar to help improve readability on a small screen.
A website that doesn’t have responsive design will be hard to navigate on small screens. This is why it’s so important to redesign your website with a responsive layout.
The website speed is something that many dental clinics take for granted. Did you know you only have around 3 seconds to have your pages load before a visitor will click away to find a faster loading website? With this in mind, there’s many different things you can do to enhance your website speed. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- Checking your hosting plan to see whether you can upgrade it to a faster plan or whether it’s the right plan for the depth and overall design of your website.
- Enable browser caching to help quicken your website load time. Browser caching helps to reduce server lag and improve page speed because it saves a preloaded template which a visitor can access quickly. You may have seen this when you go to login to a website and the login details are already there.
- Evaluate any plugins your dental website may have which may be slowing down your load time. This can be anything from having multiple security plugins or having old plugins active when you no longer need them. Cleaning out your plugins and only keeping the bear essentials can help to improve loading speed.
- Avoid running videos and other high graphics on your dental website unless you’ve got the hosting plan to back it up. Loading a dental video can slow down loading time greatly and should be addressed if you want to improve your website speed.
If you’re website is slow, it’s important to do a full audit to see what you can improve on when it comes to speed. The faster your website is to load, the more customers you’ll have the chance to convert.
Make Use Of Social Media For Promotion
When you feel confident that your website has been updated to its optimal level, why not share it with as many people as possible? While websites such as Facebook and Twitter are great for sharing office updates, upcoming events and specials, they can also be an excellent place to help boost website traffic. By regularly linking your new and improved website you should see more website traffic — and more patients as a result. When promoting your dental practice on social media:
- Make sure your practice’s full contact details are properly filled out to ensure maximum conversion through multiple contact points.
- Utilise as many of the popular social media platforms to your advantage. Different dental clients may use different social media platforms, targeting a majority of social media outlets can improve your conversion rate.
- Use images and fun quotes to help bring personality to your post to help follower engagement.
- Use different content formats such as comments, videos, images, snippets and more to help engage different possible clients on different levels.
- Deliver timely posts and updates to help give your dental followers something to look forward to every week.
- Work on becoming the ultimate social media resource page for information related to the dental industry.
Social media is powerful and can really boost conversions when you promote correctly. Don’t dismiss it as it may cost you more dental clients.
When it comes to improving your website and content for better conversions, as you can see there’s many thing you can look into and complete to help improve the chances of more people through your door. So are you ready to take your website and content to the next level?
Book in 30 Minute Session With Our Co-Founder Tristan Gray
"The Discovery Session helps you discover your business goals and what you need to do for better target edmarketing. During a session, you will gain access to expert knowledge and experience to help you determine your goals, the steps needed to reach those goals and the best ways to implement these new changes to gain the conversions and profits you’re after."